Saturday, April 17, 2010

Changes in Alaska at OneTrueMedia.com


As a health class teacher, I would like to be able to have a discussion with my students about ways that changes in the environment here in Alaska are affecting the health of the people who live here. I found some really good information on nativeknowledge.org, but the information I want to share with students is in the form of long articles and reports. I decided to create a digital resource with the information so that I could include Native ways of knowing. Since including video clips in lessons seems to be an effective teaching method with my students, I used the One True Media site to upload some text, pictures and music and create a little clip that I can use with my students. You can watch it embedded here, or go directly to my One True Media site to view it there.


1 comment:

  1. Bravo Richelle!

    This is a great use of digital tech that involves students in their learning. I especially like how you make connections between our class and your health class. What a great resource.

    ReplyDelete